Monday, February 9, 2015


I must say that there was something else to be desire by the firsts weeks poetry packets, more specifically Shakespeare's Sonnets. 

I understand that Shakespeare was the man of his time. The ultimate pop icon that had stellar success in captivating the audiences of his time. I will also yield the idea that within the time period his words were revolutionary. This definitely made him the man of the era. 

After moving past the obvious accolades, I wasn't really moved by Shakespeare's Sonnet's. I did enjoy his repertoire of words, but the ideas did not move me. 

I did appreciate the rhythm used within each stanza. This was definitely something that I would focus on a bit more when composing my work. 

All, and all at the end I guess you have to know where people been to know where we as people can go, and understanding the things that Shakespeare did well, and not so well is vital for progress. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment