Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blog Post for 2/18/15

I'm sad that we're ending our introduction to poetry. I found it extremely liberating, and more importantly I found that it's an excellent way to connect with other people.

I enjoyed the experience of reading Tocqueville. Mattawa's style of writing was not only poetic, but also informative. In some cases, I felt that his book was very inspiring.

Often times in todays society, it's easy to feel like nobody cares, and there isn't any point trying to allocate time to arts, or anything of meaning.

After all, many people learn knew things, but still conduct old behaviors?

Mattawa's work also expands my creative analysis of the world, just because something hasn't been done. Doesn't mean it can't be done. Also, just because something doesn't fit nicely into the classical standards of art doesn't mean that it isn't art, and more importantly transformational for humanity.

All of that being said, I definitely look forward to the short story segment of this class, and hope that it's even more engagement then the previous section of poetry. I'm glad that I've taken this class.

1 comment:

  1. great... maybe include more specifics, excerpts from the text...

    ReplyDelete